My Activation

Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This Has Now Become Homework!

I should start this post stating how I'm surprised as to how lucky I got. I'm taking an English class and one of the assignments became to set up a blog and maintain it while in the class. Guess what I do already?

Many people always tell me how impressed they are when it comes to hearing my story. Many people are so nice and are always asking about what it is like to have gotten a cochlear implant or what it is like to have gone through loosing your hearing all so quickly. Honestly, it's all I really know.

Obviously the cochlear implant is amazing as you all know and I love it more and more everyday, but you already know that. I'm still learning with it. It still surprises me how much accessories cost for the cochlear implant. Some cost up to $300.00 a piece. I'm hoping that I get lucky with a tip so that I can buy a cover for it... which costs 35 dollars, for a piece of plastic.

I'll be going to see my audiologist in 15 days to get a remapping and another hearing test. He wants to monitor my hearing in the other ear because it keeps jumping around all over the place. I'm hopeful it stays steady through my next year in college so I don't have to deal with that stress again. Getting a cochlear implant was the most stressful thing I've ever done in my life thus far.

Have a good day!

Connor

2 comments:

  1. Hey man! I am in your English online class! Follow my blog. This blog is pretty cool and interesting. I can only imagine what you go through in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude we graduated together ha ha!

    ReplyDelete